Real Madrid have failed in their appeal against the five-match suspension handed to Cristiano Ronaldo for his red card at Barcelona.
Four matches added to Cristiano ban over ref push
Cristiano was given his marching orders in Sunday's Spanish Super Cup first leg after picking up two yellow cards - one for removing his shirt as he celebrated scoring a goal, the second for a perceived dive.
He was subsequently banned for one match for the sending-off, but also saw four games added to the punishment for reacting to his dismissal by pushing referee Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea in the back.
CR7 to sit out Super Cup second leg and four LaLiga games
Cristiano will miss the Super Cup return against Barça this evening, in addition to Los Blancos' first four fixtures of the 2017/18 LaLiga season, in which they face Deportivo La Coruña, Valencia, Levante and Real Sociedad.
Real host Barça with a 3-1 lead from the opener at the Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool