Gareth Bale breaks down in training with hamstring injury and could miss a month of action
Bale did not train on Friday with the club and Real Madrid have released a statement saying the Welshman tore his hamstring and could miss a month.
Gareth Bale has suffered a new injury in training and could be out for up to a month. The Welshman, who had recovered from an issue with his soleus, has not played since September 26th and did not excercise on Friday at Valdebebas as he was undergoing tests after suffering a hamstring injury. The club has since issued a medical report with a description of the injury but are waiting to see how it develops.
"Our player, Gareth Bale, who felt some discomfort in his left leg at the end of training on Thursday has been the subject of tests on Friday at the Real Madrid Sanitas Medical Centre. He has been diagnosed with a tear in the hamstring," read the statement.
Zinedine Zidane and Real Madrid were excited at the prospect of having Bale, Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo back after the international break but this latest setback put the skids on a BBC reunion for now as further news on the injury is yet to be reported.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother