Man City's David Silva explains absence for personal reasons
The Spanish midfielder missed four games for his club and has shared that the reason behind this was due to his new son being born prematurely.
Manchester City's Spanish international forward David Silva missed four matches recently because his prematurely-born baby son is fighting for his life, he revealed on Wednesday.
Silva back as son fights to improve
The 31-year-old - who returned to the runaway Premier League leaders starting line-up for Tuesday's 3-1 win over Watford - thanked everyone for their support on his twitter account @21LVA.
"Also I want to share with you the birth of my son Mateo, who was born extremely preterm and is fighting day by day with the help of the medical team," he tweeted.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother