Dembélé out for three to four weeks with hamstring strain
Barcelona have issued a statement on the player's latest injury setback, which is not thought to be related to a ruptured tendon that he suffered earlier in the season.
Ousmane Dembéle has been hit with another injury setback just over a week after returning to action following a three and a half month layoff with a ruptured tendon.
Barcelona issued a statement on Monday saying that Dembélé picked up a hamstring strain in the 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad at Anoeta and is likely to be out for three to four weeks. However, the good news is that the injury is unrelated to the surgery the France international underwent in Finland last September to correct the previous problem.
Dembélé to miss five Liga games and Copa fixtures
Dembélé will therefore play no part in the Copa del Rey double header against Espanyol and would also miss the semifinals of the domestic cup competition if Barcelona progress. He will also be absent for Liga fixtures against Betis, Alavés, Espanyol, Getafe and Eibar and in line with his expected return date may not be able to play a part in the Champions League first leg against Chelsea in mid-February.
The forward suffered a ruptured tendon during a league match against Getafe on September 16 and did not return to training until after the new year. He made his comeback against Celta in the Copa, during which he was seen to be clutching his hamstring at times.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7