Praet denies agreeing deal to join Juventus
Although he would not deny interest from Juventus, Dennis Praet insists he has not finalised a move to the Serie A champions.
Sampdoria midfielder Dennis Praet has denied reaching an agreement to join Juventus at the end of the season.
Reports in Italy last week suggested the Serie A champions have struck a deal to sign the 23-year-old this year for less than his release clause, which is said to be €25million.
Praet has not denied that Juve have shown interest but insists nothing has been finalised when it comes to his future.
"Yes, but it wasn't like they wrote, that everything is done," he told Tuttosport when asked about the Juve reports.
"The interest of Juventus is pleasing but they're just words for now. I'm very happy here, even though things have gone less well in recent times."
Praet joined from Anderlecht in 2016 for a reported fee of €10m and his performances in Italy have led to rumours of interest from foreign clubs, including Newcastle United in the Premier League.
The Belgium international has played 18 times in Serie A this season for Samp, who have won just one of their last seven matches in all competitions during a difficult run.
One player who has left Samp is Filip Djuricic. The club announced on Thursday he has joined bottom side Benevento on loan for the remainder of the campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win