USA curling team backed by least likely fan: Mr. T.
The Rocky III and A Team actor has professed a love of the sport of curling and called the US team personally. He would have been there, but he ain't gettin' on no plane.
Actor and wrestler Mr. T is a huge advocate of curling, even calling to speak to the United States' men team on Saturday.
He has been tweeting about following the curlers since the opening ceremony and, as USA's gold medal match against Sweden neared, he was becoming more vocal about his favourite team of the Winter Olympics.
He wrote: "I like curling, it's less wear and tear on the body. I wrestled, boxed and studied martial arts. I have nothing else to prove. Therefore I choose curling. #curlingiscoolfool"
In fact, he even called the men's team and gave them a pep-talk ahead of the gold medal match.
Guess who just phoned our guys to say good luck tonight?? The one and only @MrT himself. Can’t thank T enough for calling and hopping on board the #TeamShuster and @usacurl train!! #TeamUSA #curlingiscoolfool #TeamT pic.twitter.com/qN3MNMsybN— Team Shuster (@TeamShuster) February 24, 2018
Mr. T has also been a big part of getting the rest of America hyped for the gold medal matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant