Atlético Madrid's Wanda club shop broken into and burgled
Four hooded thieves crashed a top-end car into the club shop at around 23:00 on Tuesday night in order to gain access to the establishment.
As the day drew to a close on Tuesday 6 March, Atlético Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano stadium was the scene of a planned robbery.
Atlético shop smash and grab
It took place at the official club shop which forms part of the new stadium at around 23:00. Reports from Spanish outlet ABC state that four hooded individuals drove a stolen top-end car at high speed into the locked door of the establishment. Once inside the thieves gathered up a variety of official merchandise including shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, and scarves.
After the looting, they fled the area in two separate vehicles. The facts are being investigated by the National Police.
Atlético will play at the Wanda stadium on Thursday evening in their Europa League first leg against FC Lokomotiv Moscow.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots