PSG eye Ancelotti, Luis Enrique, Pochettino to replace Emery
Following their Champions League elimination by Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain are expected to dispense with coach Unai Emery.
The search is underway at Paris Saint-Germain for a replacement for coach Unai Emery, reports Radio Montecarlo, with club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said to be chiefly eyeing Carlo Ancelotti, Luis Enrique and Mauricio Pochettino.
Emery set for chop after Champions League elimination
Despite PSG being 14 points clear at the top of Ligue 1, Emery appears almost certain not to be at the Parc des Princes next season following Tuesday's Champions League last-16 exit at the hands of Real Madrid.
PSG firm admirers of Pochettino
Tottenham Hotspur manager Pochettino is among the candidates that PSG's powers-that-be are believed to be particularly keen on, says RMC; however, the Argentine is thought to be unlikely to leave the Premier League club.
Ancelotti, without a club since being sacked by Bayern Munich in September, was previously in charge at PSG from 2011 to 2013, while Luis Enrique brings the potential for a reunion with former Barcelona stars Neymar and Dani Alves, who both played under the Spaniard during his three-year spell as Blaugrana boss.
RMC adds that Pep Guardiola has also been discussed, but says the Parisians are not optimistic that they would be able to prise him away from Manchester City, with the 47-year-old seemingly firmly committed to the English champions-elect.
Paris sporting director also in danger of losing job
The media outlet has additionally revealed that PSG's European failure may see the French giants not only dispense with the services of Emery, but also sack their sporting director, Antero Henrique.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots