Chelsea table €63m offer for Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi
The player's wife and agent, Wanda Nara, has received the Premier League side's opening bid, which is more a statement than anything - it will take more than that.
Chelsea have made the first move in what is likely to turn into a bidding war for in-demand Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi.
The 25-year-old is on the radar of several of Europe’s top clubs, including Real Madrid, but has yet to decide if he will leave Inter at the end of the season, stating in a recent interview that he can see himself at the Serie A club “when I am 30 years old.”
Icardi in the frame for Stamford Bridge
However, Chelsea have made an opening offer of 63 million euros for the striker’s services as question marks have started to emerge over Álvaro Morata’s suitability for the Premier League after the former Real Madrid striker’s move to Stamford Bridge last summer.
Italian journalist Fernando Czyz has said that Icardi’s wife and agent, Wanda Nara, has received the offer, which is more of a statement of intent and a nod to Icardi that Chelsea are interested than a firm bid: it is unlikely in the current market that a seven-figure sum will tempt Inter to part with their captain and star player.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59