Official: Gennaro Gattuso renews with AC Milan till 2021
After seeing a significant improvement in form under Gattuso, the Serie A club have rewarded the former player with a new three-year contract.
AC Milan head coach Gennaro Gattuso has signed a new three-year contract, the Serie A club have confirmed.
Gatturso to lead the Rossoneri
The 40-year-old has agreed to fresh terms that will reportedly see his wages increased from the €120,000 salary he has had since making the step up from the Primavera team.
It is also claimed Gattuso will have a say in the club's transfer plans for next season as part of the agreement.
Milan made the announcement live on their official Facebook account, with managing director Marco Fassone confirming a three-year deal for Gattuso.
He said: "Rino Gattuso will be the coach of AC Milan for the next three years - one of the most important decisions that I and [Massimiliano] Mirabelli have made during this period."
Gattuso's new deal is a reward for Milan's improvement on the pitch since he was appointed as coach following the departure of Vincenzo Montella in November.
The Rossoneri have won nine of their 16 Serie A matches under the former Italy midfielder, although they missed the chance to close the eight-point gap to Inter in fourth with Wednesday's 0-0 derby draw at San Siro.
They suffered a 5-1 aggregate defeat to Arsenal in the last 16 of the Europa League but overcame Verona, Inter and Lazio to reach the Coppa Italia final, where they will meet Juventus.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up