Messi matches Ronaldinho's Liga record for direct free kicks
The Argentinean hit his sixth direct free kick against Leganés, becoming only the second player to reach that number in a season after the Brazilian in 2006-07.
Leo Messi matched another Liga record in Barcelona’s 3-1 victory over Leganés on Saturday night in Camp Nou.
The Argentinean helped himself to yet another hat-trick under the floodlights and his first goal, a direct free kick that was expertly put beyond the reach of Lega keeper Pichu and into the bottom corner in the 31st minute, was his sixth goal from a dead ball situation this season.
Messi matches Ronaldinho's mark
Messi therefore became only the second player in the last 20 years in LaLiga to score six direct free kicks in a single campaign, matching former Barcelona great Ronaldinho, who achieved the same number in 2006-07.
The Argentinean now has seven games remaining to find one more to take the record from his former teammate.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash