Emre Mor won't play for Celta again after Unzué bust-up
The 14-million-euro Turkey forward was readmitted to training on Tuesday but didn't last the session before being expelled by the Celta boss.
Emre Mor, who became the most expensive signing in Celta’s history last summer when he joined from Borussia Dortmund for 14 million euros, is unlikely to play for the club again after being sent home from training for the second time in a month.
Celta boss Juan Carlos Unzué warned in December that the 20-year-old forward needed to enter into the team dynamic more and that technical skill was not enough to earn a regular starting spot in the side.
Mor was expelled from training and frozen out of the first team squad for a series of acts of indiscipline last month that culminated with the player arriving late for the final session before a home game against Sevilla.
Mor sent home from training for second time in a month
Unzué took action and left Mor out of three subsequent match day squads, also sending the Turkey international to train on his own. Mor later apologised for his actions and played a few minutes in games against Leganés, Barcelona, Valencia and Villarreal.
However, the thaw in relations with Unzué was brief and he didn’t make it to the end of Tuesday’s training session before the coach’s patience snapped and he was sent to the dressing room early.
On Wednesday, Mor didn’t even attend Celta training and everything points to a not very amicable parting of ways between the club’s record signing and the club this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan