The Carlos Tévez story set to be made into an Argentinian TV series
The working title of the new series based on the life of the current Boca Juniors player is "El Apache” and is set for a 2019 release.
The story of a humble boy from a working class background who went onto be a national hero. This is the premise of the new Telefe drama series based on the life of colourful footballer Carlos Tévez.
The player himself is involved in the project as a consultant and has been won over by the idea and has already received the script for a potential second season of he series.
"It's a really nice project and one that is emotional for me as it reveals parts of my life that few people know about. There are stories about my family and the project is well advanced" affirmed the former Premier League star.
Tevez was born in 1984 in one of the most troubled parts of the Argentine capital, Fuerte Apache. At the age of ten, he suffered a domestic accident when was severely burnt, an accident that left him scarred for life. The young Tevez never knew his father who died before he was born and he was raised by his aunt.
Football was his release with the player establishing himself with All Boys before moving onto the global stage with spells with the likes of Manchester United and Juventus. The player is back with Boca Juniors after an indifferent spell in the Chinese league.
It has yet to be revealed which actors play the role of the player but it has been confirmed that there will be three incarnations of Tevez representing different phases of his life.
Recommended in English
- NFL What American football team does Joe Biden support?
- PEARL HARBOR Pearl Harbor 80th anniversary facts: how many planes attacked, how many people died…
- MOVIES 8 movies based on the Attack on Pearl Harbor
- NFL LA Chargers' WR Keenan Allen sidelined by covid-19
- NFL 2021/2022 NFL week 13: Which teams favourite to reach the playoffs at the moment?
- NFL Packers backup QB Jordan Love placed on covid-19 list