Real Madrid: Mario Hermoso available for 7.5 million euros
Hermoso's fine start to the season for Espanyol has not gone unnoticed at Real Madrid, who could re-purchase the defender next summer.
Mario Hermoso's fine start to the season at Espanyol has not gone unnoticed at Real Madrid, who sold the defender to the Catalan club in July 2017.
Ever-present so far for Los Pericos, the 23-year-old has been a key ingredient in the defensive solidity of a side who have conceded just seven LaLiga goals and currently sit fifth in the table.
Hermoso available to Real Madrid for 7.5m euros
Having considered moving for Hermoso late on in last summer's transfer window, Real are now thought to be weighing up a swoop at the end of the season - and although his Espanyol release clause stands at 40m euros, he would in fact be available to Los Blancos at a knock-down price of just 7.5m.
A 15m-euro buy-back clause was included in his 400,000-euro transfer to the RCDE Stadium 15 months ago, but - according to a report by the media outlet Pericos Online on Wednesday - Real would be able to re-sign the centre-back for half that fee as they still own 50% of his rights.
Hermoso, who made 33 appearances for Real's 'B' team, Castilla, after rising up through the club's youth ranks, has played 32 games for Espanyol, scoring three goals - two of which have come in the opening stages of this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series