Junior Firpo: "I'm drawn more to Real Madrid, my Dad's a madridista"
Cuatro spoke to the Betis full-back who Real Madrid are planning to sign as back-up for Marcelo. Los Blancos are prepared to pay the defender's buy-out.
Real Madrid have set their sights on Betis full-back Junior Firpo, who they believe will be the ideal substitute for Marcelo as well as being a promise for the future. At the moment, Sergio Reguilón is the only natural left-back in the squad who can stand in for Marcelo but it appears that club directors don't consider the 22-year-old as a guarantee for the future. Junior is an attack-minded full-back who has the ability to track back to perform his defensive duties. His buy-out clause is 50 million euros - a figure which Real Madrid are prepared to pay to get their man.
Watching Real Madrid on TV
Spanish broadcaster Cuatro spoke to Junior about the chance of swapping the Villamarín for the Bernabéu and the player seems open to the idea: "I'm drawn more to Madrid, my Dad's a madridista. When I first came to Spain, Madrid were the only team we watched on TV at home. So I've always felt stronger about Real Madrid", he explained
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass