Injured Messi to miss Morocco friendly
After making his international comeback for Argentina against Venezuela, Lionel Messi will miss their next match through injury.
Lionel Messi will miss Argentina's friendly against Morocco on Tuesday due to a pelvic injury. Messi made his return to international football in Friday's shock 3-1 friendly defeat to Venezuela in Madrid. However, it was subsequently confirmed that the Barcelona star had suffered a problem during the game and will not travel to Tangier.
#ParteMédico— Selección Argentina (@Argentina) March 22, 2019
- Gonzalo Martínez: lesión muscular de biceps femoral izquierdo.
- Lionel Messi: reagudización de dolor pubiano bilateral.
Ambos jugadores serán baja para el próximo partido de @Argentina . pic.twitter.com/2ol62BK3aY
Painful defeat for Argentina
Messi missed six matches during a self-imposed post-World Cup exile from the national team before making his comeback at the Wanda Metropolitano, but goals from Salomón Rondón and Jhon Murillo saw Argentina trailing 2-0 at half-time. Captain Messi was involved in the move that saw Lautaro Martínez pull one back for Lionel Scaloni's men, but Josef Martínez made sure of the win for Venezuela from the spot.
Messi, who played the full 90 minutes, previously retired from Argentina duty in 2016 following the team's defeat in the Copa América Centenario, before reversing the decision to return for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers. Gonzalo Martínez will also miss the Morocco fixture with a thigh injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7