Neither Barcelona nor Man Utd a dream move, says De Ligt
The Dutch defender is hot property in this summer's transfer window and is not giving too much away, inclduing suggesting he may remain with his only 'dream club'.
Matthijs de Ligt is one of the names making a lot of noise around European football right now. The Ajax defender shone as part of a side that was just seconds away from a Champions League final against Liverpool and has been linked with a move to many of the continent's elite clubs. Knowing where the 19-year old will end up, however, is proving ever more difficult to determine.
De Ligt has no dream move
Two of world football's biggest, and richest clubs - Barcelona and Manchester United - have been seen as the front runners for the signing of the young defender, with some reports suggesting that the Spanish champions already had an agreement in place. And while admitting that there are offers on the table, De Ligt has suggested that a stay in the Eredivisie is still a possibility.
"I do not know yet," he said to NOS Sport about where he'd be plying his trade next season. "A lot has been said and written. This has been the theme throughout the year, and I'm not going to let it phase me.
"Frenkie has already made a choice [Barceona] but I have not. That's how it is. You need to look at what is best for you and make your own decision. It's correct that there are several clubs interested.
"I don't really have a dream club except for Ajax. It was always my dream to play for Ajax and I managed to do that. Now I am looking at what is best for my career and where I can best develop.
"Another club? While I'm under contract with Ajax, there is a possibility that I could still stay."
On Sunday there was news coming out of Manchester that United had given up on the idea of signing the talented Dutchman, believing that he was already lined up to join Frenkie de Jong in LaLiga. We watch and wait to see how the situation develops, as other clubs in the Premier League keep a close eye.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest