Junior Firpo: "I'm not more Real Madrid than Barça"
The Spanish under-21 international has been linked with a move to both Spanish giants and says "my father is a Real Madrid fan" but admits he has no preference.
Junior Firpo says he doesn't have a massive preference between Real Madrid or Barcelona despite his father supporting the former. In the interview with EFE, the player says he feels a sense of injustice over Quique Setien's sacking but admits it was unsustainable given the animosity felt for the manager in the stands.
"I have a contract with Betis," he said about his future. "I have a duty at Betis because this club has given me everything and I will always be thankful for that. But I am only thinking about the Euros with Spain and after that, we will see."
"No," said Firpo when asked if he prefered Real Madrid over Barcelona. "I said that I was more Madrid because my father is a Madrid fan and at home I see that more but that's not to say I prefer Madrid just because my father is a fan. Honestly, Real Betis is the club that I like, where I have been since I was young."
"I think, maybe, it was a little unfair on the manager because he had two years with us and brought us back to Europa and fighting for those two seasons for European places," he said. "A few years ago when we were in Segunda, it was practically unthinkable."
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped