Rooney scores MLS goal-of-the-year contender from own half
The DC United captain netted a long-range beauty to give his team a 1-0 victory over Orlando City, and showcase who's the best scorer in the US league.
Wayne Rooney keeps showing he's a magical player and since joining the MLS he continues to add to his highlight reel in soccer, and on Wednesday night, during the game between DC United and Orlando City, the Manchester United legend scored one of the best goals of his career.
In the 10th minute, DC United captain Rooney showed there's no one like him, picking up the ball in his own half and, after seeing Orlando goalie Brian Rowe well off his line, deciding to go for goal from behind the halfway line and score a beauty, which turned out to be the match winner.
With the 1-0 victory, Ben Olsen's side remain in the MLS playoffs spots with 30 points after 18 games this season, behind Montreal Impact and Philadelphia Union in the Eastern Conference.
Rooney is fourth in the goalscoring chart with nine goals, and is joined by two other former 'Red Devils' in the top five, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Nani, who have 11 and eight goals each.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades