Referee Fernanda Colombo disgusted at indecent proposal
The Brazilian referee, who made the headlines after teasing Barcelona Sporting Club player Kitu Díaz, was left disgusted over the offer to meet “clients” for money.
Referee Fernanda Colombo went viral over the weekend after teasing Barcelona Sporting Club player Kitu Díaz in a match in the Estrellas de Ecuador league. The 30-year-old whistler called the player over and put her hand in her pocket as if to reach for a card… instead pulling out a handkerchief to wipe her brow and grinning at the player who thought he was going to get booked.
Referee Fernanda Colombo in Brazil is what the world needs now pic.twitter.com/qardYD0ZdZ— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) 30 de junio de 2019
Ref Colombo sent indecent proposal
Unfortunately the worldwide reaction to the amusing piece of on-field banter saw Fernanda Colombo receive an “immoral sexual proposal” by email, as she herself reported on her Instagram account.
She was offered work “meeting clients” for at least “7 thousand” per encounter (the currency wasn’t specified, but would be 1,600 euros in Brazilian Reales or around 6,200 euros in dollars).
Colombo posted a screenshot of the indecent proposal and wrote that it had left her feeling like "trash”.
“I want to tell the world that I just want to do what I love, which means working with football and journalism. Please respect that”, she wrote.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy