Megan Rapinoe the big winner of the Women's World Cup
Megan Rapinoe came to the Women's World Cup in France 2019 to made history with the United States as 5 of her goals were decisive to lift the World Cup title.
Megan Rapinoe arrived at the 2019 France World Cup with the weight of experienced and the task to lead the USWNT to its fourth championship, with five of her goals being decisive for the American to reach the final and the victory.
Lyon witnessed Megan's outstanding performance in the Grand Final, and all her hard work paid off as she was awarded the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball for best player in the tournament.
The game against Spain in the round of 16 was one of the most complicated matches for the US side, and Rapinoe was the big hero as through her, and two penalties the United States reached the quarterfinal round. Rapinoe scored a double against France taking the USWNT into semifinals, game she missed due to a hamstring injury.
Speculation didn't wait for Megan's participation in the Final Match, and as expected she was back in the starting lineup, and from the penalty spot, she proved why she gained the Golden Boot.
Third American to win the Golden Ball
Megan Rapinoe is also the third US player to win the Golden Ball, after Carli Lloyd who won it in 2015 and Carin Jennings who won it in 1991.
Alex Morgan, Silver Ball
Co-captain Alex Morgan for her six goals scored during the tournament was awarded the Silver Ball and of course, her second World Cup title.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League The Sun: Raul Jimenez is in Arsenal’s radar
- Liga MX Liga MX is one of the top 5 most important leagues in the world
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS David Beckham’s Inter Miami looking to make six signings
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca