Megan Rapinoe the big winner of the Women's World Cup
Megan Rapinoe came to the Women's World Cup in France 2019 to made history with the United States as 5 of her goals were decisive to lift the World Cup title.
Megan Rapinoe arrived at the 2019 France World Cup with the weight of experienced and the task to lead the USWNT to its fourth championship, with five of her goals being decisive for the American to reach the final and the victory.
Lyon witnessed Megan's outstanding performance in the Grand Final, and all her hard work paid off as she was awarded the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball for best player in the tournament.
The game against Spain in the round of 16 was one of the most complicated matches for the US side, and Rapinoe was the big hero as through her, and two penalties the United States reached the quarterfinal round. Rapinoe scored a double against France taking the USWNT into semifinals, game she missed due to a hamstring injury.
Speculation didn't wait for Megan's participation in the Final Match, and as expected she was back in the starting lineup, and from the penalty spot, she proved why she gained the Golden Boot.
Third American to win the Golden Ball
Megan Rapinoe is also the third US player to win the Golden Ball, after Carli Lloyd who won it in 2015 and Carin Jennings who won it in 1991.
Alex Morgan, Silver Ball
Co-captain Alex Morgan for her six goals scored during the tournament was awarded the Silver Ball and of course, her second World Cup title.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Asensio magic sets up Spain's Olympic final showdown with Brazil
- SOCCER Van Gaal named Netherlands head coach for third time
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest
- NBA Carmelo to join LeBron and the Lakers
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record