Fekir arrives in Seville ahead of Real Betis signing
The Lyon player arrived in the Andalusian capital with his move to LaLiga side Real Betis expected to be confirmed on Thursday.
Nabil Fekir arrived in Seville on Monday afternoon and will undergo a medical test with the Andalusian side who are poised to pay 20 million euro (plus add-ons) for the forward. The striker has been drafted into Rubi's squad with Argentinian Giovani Lo Celso expected to depart imminently. Lyon will also receive an additional 20% should Real Betis sell the striker on in the future. The player's brother Yassin is also included in the deal with the Olympique Lyon youth team protegee expected to be loaned out to a Segunda División side.
Fekir was close to joining Premier League side Liverpool last season and with his current deal expiring at the end of the 2019-20 season, Lyon were happy to generate income for a player who will be a free agent in less than 12 months. Thew players father was today issuing caution stating: “Nothing has been agreed yet and between now and Thursday, nothing will happen”.
Bit late but Nabil Fekir has joined Real Betis. pic.twitter.com/tOZmY7hsUr— DaveOCKOP (@DaveOCKOP) July 22, 2019
Real Betis fans are excited with the arrival of the French international with the assumption that Argentine Lo Ceslo will be playing for another team next season with Tottenham closely linked to his name. Current Espanyol striker Borja Iglesias is also believed close to securing a move to the city of Seville joining Betis to forge a potent strike-force with the French international.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift