Real Madrid offer Hazard injury update
Real Madrid have given an optimistic assessment on Eden Hazard after the Belgian winger suffered a knock in the Champions League clash with PSG.
Real Madrid can breathe a sigh of relief.
According to the medical report released by the club on Wednesday, Eden Hazard has suffered "an external bruise on his right leg", with the Belgian winger set for a short spell on the side-lines of around 10 days.
This means Hazard will miss the next two league games against Alavés and Espanyol, and the inconsequential Champions League clash with Club Brugge, but will be available again for the all-important ties against Valencia (15 December) and Barcelona (December 18).
Madrid alarm bells raised over Hazard injury
The Belgian international left the field of play in the 68th minute of the game against PSG after he suffered a strong knock from his compatriot Thomas Meunier.
After briefly returning to the pitch, Hazard had to come again and was helped to the dressing room by medical staff.
The incident had raised alarm bells at the club as the injury had occurred in the same area where the ex-Chelsea player had had a titanium plate inserted years ago.
“It worries me. He’s hurts. It was more than a blow. I hope it is minor," Zinedine Zidane said after the game.
But after the optimistic assessments from medical staff at Madrid’s Sanitas clinic in La Moraleja, Zidane can rest easy knowing the 28-year-old forward will be back in time for the crunch ties before the Christmas break.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?