Ongoing Napoli chaos sees Ancelotti on verge of dismissal
Local Italian media claim that nothing short of wins over Udinese and Genk will suffice to maintain Ancelotti's position as Gattuso is linked as possible replacement.
All is not well at Napoli with unrest triggered by the decision of club president Aurelio De Laurentiis and his move for the team to convene ahead of key recent fixtures. The tension and refusal by the players to stay at a club residence after the Champions League game with RB Salzburg led to the owner issuing his squad with a series of fines.
Club manager, Carlo Ancelotti who criticised the decision to convene has seen his side struggle with the 1-2 loss at home to mid-table Bologna leading to the team to be jeered from the pitch after the weekend's Serie A fixture. Napoli now lie seventh in the table and are 17 points behind the leaders Inter Milan and currently are outside the European positions.
La Gazzetta dello Sport report that Ancelotti is on the brink of dismissal and anything less than wins over Udinese (Serie A) and Genk (Champions League) will lead to his departure with local outlets claiming that Rino Gattuso being primed as a possible replacement.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2