Barcelona, Real Madrid to share hotel ahead of LaLiga Clásico
Amid security concerns in Barcelona, Ernesto Valverde's men will meet up at the Hotel Princesa Sofía - where Madrid will also be based - on the day of the clash.
Amid security concerns surrounding this week's Clásico at the Camp Nou, Barcelona are to spend the hours leading up to the game at a hotel by the stadium - one in which opponents Real Madrid will also be staying.
Protests are expected in Barcelona ahead of Wednesday evening's rearranged fixture, which was postponed from its original date of 26 October after unrest in the city in the wake of the jailing of nine Catalan separatist leaders.
Barcelona to meet at Hotel Princesa Sofía on day of game
In a bid to avoid being caught up in or delayed by any incidents, the Barça squad will, on the advice of the club's security staff, meet at the Hotel Princesa Sofía - located just 500 metres from the Camp Nou - at 12:30 CET on the day of the game.
Ernesto Valverde's men will have lunch at the five-star establishment, before resting in their rooms until around 18:00, when they will travel the short distance to the stadium for the 20:00 kick-off.
Barcelona and Real Madrid tied at top of LaLiga
The Barcelona and Real Madrid camps will therefore be in the unusual situation of potentially bumping into each other in the hotel hallways as they make their final preparations for a crunch clash that they go into neck and neck in LaLiga.
After weekend draws with Real Sociedad and Valencia, respectively, Barça and Madrid are tied on 35 points at the top of the table.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA