Real Madrid: Benzema back in training ahead of Sevilla test
With Sergio Ramos and Fede Valverde added to the likes of Eden Hazard to miss the upcoming LaLiga match, the Frenchman's return could be crucial.
Karim Benzema could still arrive in time to face Sevilla on Saturday after taking part in Thursday's training session with the group. The opposition players are set to give a guard of honour ahead of the match.
Benzema return beckons
After the injury that the striker picked up a couple of weeks ago, one which kept him out of the victorious Spanish Super Cup Arabian adventure, this was the first time he was able to get fully involved. As well as the Frenchman, another strking option may also be available for Zinedine Zidane, as Luka Jovic appeared to have fully recovered after a knock in Jeddah.
Those with no chance of playing against former Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui include Sergio Ramos and Eden Hazard, who continue with their recoveries. The defender worked out in the gym and on the pitch away from the group. Fede Valverde is also missing for the trip.
With 16 goals already scored this season, 12 of them in LaLiga, Benzema's return will be a welcome sight for Zidane and for fans looking forward to the game against the Andalusian club. After confirmation of the date of El Cláscico, there are already thoughts builing up to that.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?