Jesus Corona’s days as a starter for Cruz Azul might be over
After the team's draw against Toluca, Cruz Azul coach, Rober Siboldi said that he will take the next few days to decide whether Corona will start the next game or not.
Cruz Azul were beating Toluca 3-2 but were denied victory when Leonardo Fernandez hit a 95th-minute equaliser in the Week 4 of the Liga MX.
Fernandez's late goal was partly down to a mistake by goalkeeper Jesus Corona - and the home crowd were not pleased with the veteran shot stopper. After the game reporters asked Cruz Azul’s coach, Robert Siboldi, if Corona will start next week when the team hosts Pachuca.
“We will analyze the situation during this week's training sessions and I will do what is best for the team”, Siboldi explained. Fans are demanding that Sebastian Jurado should be the team's first choice goalkeeper from now on.
🇺🇾¡LEOOOOO FERNÁNDEEEEEZ! ¡Golaaazooooo! 🇺🇾— TUDN MEX (@TUDNMEX) February 2, 2020
El uruguayo empató el encuentro en los últimos segundos del encuentro. ¡Se repartieron puntos en el Nemesio Diez! Par-ti-da-zo.
😈Toluca 3-3 🚂 Cruz Azul#SomosElToluca | #UnaFormaDeVida | #TuLigaMx pic.twitter.com/3xUN7MBs7D
Siboldi added that Corona is the first to be annoyed: “Of course he is very affected by what happened. It is also true that Fernandez struck the ball with a lot of power and even though it looked easy for our goalkeeper, it wasn't, believe me. Corona has all our support.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?