Napoli-Inter semi-final postponed as coronavirus fears persist
There remains no end in sight for Italian football's fixture headache, as Napoli versus Inter became the latest game to be called off.
Inter's Coppa Italia semi-final, second-leg at Napoli has become the latest fixture to be postponed as a result of the coronavirus crisis engulfing Italian football.
Juventus' Coppa tie at Milan, which was originally due to take place on Wednesday, was called off and Inter's match with Napoli in the same competition was also postponed, Serie A confirmed in a statement.
Italian football is enduring chaos with its schedule due to the threat of the spread of coronavirus, of which there have been 2,263 confirmed positive cases in the nation with 80 people having died.
Italy considering cancelling all sporting events
Several Serie A fixtures have been postponed over the past two weekends, including the Derby d'Italia between Juve and Inter, which was due to take place last Sunday.
ANSA reported the government will implement measures to cancel all sporting events for 30 days, although football matches may yet be allowed to take place behind closed doors.
Inter lost the first leg 1-0 at San Siro, with Fabián Ruiz scoring the winner for Napoli.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August