Harry Maguire touch and go for Manchester derby
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted he is unsure if Harry Maguire will be available for the Manchester derby after missing United's FA Cup tie.
Harry Maguire has emerged as a late concern for Manchester United ahead of Sunday's derby with Manchester City after picking up an ankle injury. The England international was absent for United's FA Cup fifth-round tie at Derby County on Thursday having rolled his ankle in training.
Maguire doubtful for Manchester derby
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed he had intended to play United's captain against the Rams on his 27th birthday. However, Maguire's injury has left the United boss unsure over whether he can pick the centre-back for Sunday's clash with Pep Guardiola's City at Old Trafford.
"I had a word with him before training yesterday, that I am not going to rest him [against Derby]," Solskjaer told MUTV. "But then he rolled his ankle in training so he had to stay at home. Hopefully he will be okay for the weekend, but I am not sure."
City have their own injury concern over a key man after Kevin De Bruyne missed their FA Cup win over Sheffield Wednesday with a back complaint.
Solskjaer made six changes from the side which drew 1-1 at Everton for the game against Derby. United ran out 0-3 winners with goals from Luke Shaw and a brace from Odion Ighalo and will face Norwich in the quarter finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds