Spain tops 100,000 positive cases but recovery levels increase
A total of 102,136 individuals have now tested positive for Covid-19 with the fatality figure at over 9,000 according to Wednesday government figures.
The Spanish Ministry of Health have published the figures relating to the Covid-19 pandemic which reflect the past 24 hours.
The curve continues to increase and with it the death rate with the virus responsible for 864 fatalities in the past day. The latest statistics also saw the number of confirmed total positive cases top the 100,000 mark with a total of 102,136 individuals now positive with the Covid-19 virus, an increase from the 94,417 from 31 March.
Datos actualizados de #COVIDー19 en España por Comunidades Autónomas.— Ministerio de Sanidad (@sanidadgob) April 1, 2020
Consulta toda la información y materiales para la ciudadanía, profesiones y prensa aquí ⬇️https://t.co/jbND5lUzxJ #EsteVirusLoParamosUnidos pic.twitter.com/jpBKmvwu8T
The glimmer of light in today's figures is the increase in the number of patients making full recoveries with the cumulative total at now 22,647 which is an uplift of 3,388 from Tuesday. The statistics also reflect that a total of 5,872 patients remain in intensive care.
Live coverage of the coronavirus crisis
You can follow the latest news on the coronavirus pandemic with our daily live blog.
The complete lowdown on Covid-19
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7