Van de Beek sits out Ajax friendly amid Barcelona, Man Utd links
With speculation intensifying over a potential move to Manchester or Barcelona for Donny van de Beek's, the Ajax star was omitted on Saturday.
Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag confirmed Donny van de Beek was left out of Saturday's friendly against Eintracht Frankfurt due to "developments" amid links to Manchester United and Barcelona.
Van de Beek played no part in Eredivisie giants Ajax's 2-1 win over Eintracht after United reportedly emerged as favourites to sign the star midfielder.
The 23-year-old Netherlands international has also been linked with LaLiga duo Barca and Real Madrid, as well as Premier League side Tottenham.
Pre-game, Ten Hag told Ziggo Sport: "There are indeed developments that keep him out of the selection.
"We will see what happens. We'll make an announcement as soon as there's some clarity."
Van de Beek on the move?
Academy product Van de Beek has spent five seasons in Ajax's first team, accruing close to 200 appearances in all competitions for the Amsterdam outfit.
Following Ajax's victory against Bundesliga opponents Eintracht, Ten Hag added: "The fact that Donny did not play does indicate a direction.
"The request not to let him play did not come specifically from one side. We do that together.
"Agreements have been made about a possible transfer, and if that possibility arises, you must also co-operate."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash