Barcelona's Ansu Fati injured and out of pre-season friendly
The young Spaniard broke another record when starring for his national team midweek, but the injury picked up in training means he'll miss the game against Nàstic.
Barcelona forward Ansu Fati has sustained a hip injury during training as the start of the club's LaLiga campaign moves closer.
Ansu Fati injury setback
Fati suffered a contusion to his right hip as he took part in a session on Friday.
"He is out and his recovery will determine his availability," confirmed Barça in a statement.
The problem is expected to rule Fati out of Saturday's friendly against Gimnastic.
Barca are due to begin their league campaign on the weekend of September 26/27 at home to Villarreal, with Fati likely to receive a bigger role under new head coach Ronald Koeman this season.
- Barcelona confirm dates for presidential elections
- Ansu Fati makes history...again!
- Barcelona's dilemma, put faith in Fati or bring in Memphis...
- Atlético Madrid and Luis Suárez locked in talks
- Víctor Valdés: 'Messi's attitude can never be questioned'
- 'Pretty in pink' as Barcelona launch new third kit
The 17-year-old scored seven times in 24 league outings in 2019-20, just 11 of which were starts.
Fati made a magnificent start to his Spain career during the international break, becoming the country's youngest goalscorer in a Nations League match against Ukraine three days after making his debut against Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card