Conor McGregor arrested for alleged attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure
Conor McGregor has been arrested and released for alleged attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure at a bar in Corsica.
MMA star Conor McGregor has been arrested and released for alleged attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure at a bar in Corsica, according to French media outlet Le Parisien.
The former two-weight UFC champion was spoken to by police before being released following the alleged incidents in a bar.
The Irish fighter has been in the region preparing for a 180km voyage to raise awareness of water safety. He was due to start the trip from Corsica to Monaco on Saturday alongside Princess Charlene of Monaco but was forced to withdraw.
Arrested following incident in bar
The 32-year-old was arrested and taken into custody following an incident in a bar after a complaint was lodged with police on Thursday. A statement from the prosecutor read: "Following a complaint filed on September 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony Mac Gregor was the subject of a hearing by the police."
McGregor denied the allegations through his representative who said: "Conor McGregor vigorously denies any accusations of misconduct. He has been interviewed and released."
The Dubliner has not fought since he beat Donald Cerrone in January. His plans to fight three times this year were interrupted by the coronavirus pandemic and he retired in June for a third time in four years.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics