Christoph Metzelder admits possessing child pornography
Reports in 'Der Spiegel' cite a court hearing in Düsseldorf. 'Bild' claim that 297 child pornography photographs were found on his mobile phone.
Former Real Madrid and Germany player Christoph Metzelder has confessed being in possession of and distributing pornographic images of children, for which he is under investigation, according to reports in Der Spiegel.
Der Spiegel referred to a court hearing in Düsseldorf during which Metzelder, on interrogation, admitted the charges. Sensationalist German daily Bild reports in their digital edition that 297 pornographic images of children were found on the ex-player's mobile phone. Metzelder is alleged to have sent several of the images to three women through WhatsApp.
The public prosecutor in Düsseldof presented a formal accusation on 4 September, although without naming the suspect. German media although the identity as suspicions about Metzelder came to light in other reports in Bild some time ago. From the court hearing, it can be deduced that the person who is at the centre of the investigation has admitted the charges presented against him, both Der Spiegel and Bild concur.
Police recently searched premises connected to Metzelder and seized several objects including a mobile phone and a computer. It was suspected that Metzelder was not only in possession of child pornography images but had also passed them on to three women. A criminal investigation was opened immediately.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?