Sergiño Dest will wear number 2 jersey once worn by Dani Alves at Barcelona
The United States international joined FC Barcelona last week and he chose to wear the number 2 jersey in honor of Dani Alves.
Sergiño Dest signed last week with FC Barcelona and last weekend he became the first United States footballer to play in the Blaugrana jersey.
The 19-year-old chose to wear the number 2 jersey because his idol growing up was Dani Alves, who played for Barcelona from 2008 to 2016.
Recent history of the number 2 jersey
Since Dani Alves left FC Barcelona in 2016 no other player has made such a difference with the number 2 jersey. During his presentation with Barça Sergiño Dest said that growing up he watched a lot of Youtube videos of Dani Alves. The Brazilian defender won 18 titles wearing the number 2 jersey with Barcelona and when he switched his numbers he won another 8 trophies before leaving in 2016.
The next one in line to wear that number was Martín Montoya who was promoted to the first team but he only lasted two seasons before being transferred to Inter Milan. Then Douglas took over the number 2 jersey but he only played 8 games in two seasons at Camp Nou.
Barcelona signed Nelson Semedo who decided to wear that jersey but he only lasted three seasons and this summer he got transferred to Wolverhampton. Semedo played 124 games and won eight titles during his time in Barcelona.
Now it is the time for Sergiño Dest to make history at the club wearing the number 2 jersey that his idol wore.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"