Zidane brings up Real Madrid milestone in Cádiz defeat
Zinedine Zidane took charge of his 150th league match as champions Real Madrid suffered a shock loss to newly promoted Cádiz on Saturday.
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane moved third on the club's all-time list for LaLiga games overseen but had little cause to celebrate as he watched his side turn in a wretched performance against an inspired Cádiz side on Saturday.
Zidane took charge of his 150th league match as champions Madrid suffered a shock 1-0 loss to the newly promoted Andalusian outfit.
Only Miguel Muñoz (424) and Vicente Del Bosque (153) have overseen more LaLiga matches whilst at the helm of Madrid.
Zidane closing in on Del Bosque
Zidane, who made his coaching debut in his first spell at the Santiago Bernabeu in 2016, guided Los Blancos to LaLiga glory last season.
The Frenchman has tallied 102 LaLiga victories, only behind Muñoz (257).
In two spells with Madrid, former star Zidane has won three Champions League titles, two LaLiga trophies, two Club World Cups, two UEFA Super Cups and two Supercopa de España crowns.
Madrid remain top of the table in 2020-21, ahead of Getafe, Cádiz and Granada on goal difference.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente