Man Utd star Cavani to have Instagram post investigated
The Football Association will look into a social media post from Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani.
Edinson Cavani's Instagram post containing an offensive phrase is set to be investigated by the Football Association (FA).
Cavani post offensive?
The Manchester United forward sent the message after scoring twice in Sunday's 3-2 victory at Southampton, including a last-gasp winner.
Uruguay international Cavani used the Spanish phrase 'Gracias negrito' in response to an Instagram story from a fan and has since deleted the post, having been told of its potential to cause offence.
The FA said it had been informed and would look into it, while United are also reported to be aware of the post.
Cavani's double at St Mary's Stadium came after he was introduced from the bench at half-time, the victory leaving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side just three points adrift of the top three with a game in hand.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"