Man Utd star Cavani to have Instagram post investigated
The Football Association will look into a social media post from Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani.
Edinson Cavani's Instagram post containing an offensive phrase is set to be investigated by the Football Association (FA).
Cavani post offensive?
The Manchester United forward sent the message after scoring twice in Sunday's 3-2 victory at Southampton, including a last-gasp winner.
Uruguay international Cavani used the Spanish phrase 'Gracias negrito' in response to an Instagram story from a fan and has since deleted the post, having been told of its potential to cause offence.
The FA said it had been informed and would look into it, while United are also reported to be aware of the post.
Cavani's double at St Mary's Stadium came after he was introduced from the bench at half-time, the victory leaving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side just three points adrift of the top three with a game in hand.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher