Inter Miami in talks with Phil Neville over head coach job
According to ESPN, the co-owner of Inter Miami, David Beckham, has held talks with his former Manchester United teammate about the coaching job.
Inter Miami CF fell short of David Beckham's expectations in its inaugural season after losing in a penalty shootout in the opening game of the MLS Cup playoffs against fellow expansion side Nashville SC. With the 2021 MLS season set to start in mid-March, the co-owner of the franchise will take a more active role in sporting decisions.
The bosses are still debating whether Diego Alonso is the right man for the job, after he guided Inter Miami to a losing record during the first part of their debut season. The team finished 10th in their first MLS season and last month the board said that Alonso’s job was ‘still being determined.’
Neville the man for the job
According to a report from ESPN, Beckham has held talks with Phil Neville over the head coaching job for Inter Miami’s second MLS season. Neville is currently managing the England women’s team, but he was supposed to step down from his job after the postponed Tokyo Olympics.
The England women’s team have already announced that when Neville resigns, Sarina Weigman will take over. With Beckham’s offer on the table, Neville is now trying to work something out with the English Football Association to free him up for the Inter Miami gig.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION Voting in the NYC mayoral primary: who are the candidates?
- COVID-19 ECONOMIC RELIEF Will there be a second Golden State stimulus check in California?
- CORONAVIRUS US California digital vaccine card: how to get it
- 2021 ADVANCE CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: which families might need to opt out?
- BOXING What is Tyson Fury's boxing record?
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?