Inter Miami in talks with Phil Neville over head coach job
According to ESPN, the co-owner of Inter Miami, David Beckham, has held talks with his former Manchester United teammate about the coaching job.
Inter Miami CF fell short of David Beckham's expectations in its inaugural season after losing in a penalty shootout in the opening game of the MLS Cup playoffs against fellow expansion side Nashville SC. With the 2021 MLS season set to start in mid-March, the co-owner of the franchise will take a more active role in sporting decisions.
The bosses are still debating whether Diego Alonso is the right man for the job, after he guided Inter Miami to a losing record during the first part of their debut season. The team finished 10th in their first MLS season and last month the board said that Alonso’s job was ‘still being determined.’
Neville the man for the job
According to a report from ESPN, Beckham has held talks with Phil Neville over the head coaching job for Inter Miami’s second MLS season. Neville is currently managing the England women’s team, but he was supposed to step down from his job after the postponed Tokyo Olympics.
The England women’s team have already announced that when Neville resigns, Sarina Weigman will take over. With Beckham’s offer on the table, Neville is now trying to work something out with the English Football Association to free him up for the Inter Miami gig.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?