Eduard Atuesta scored the fastest goal in LAFC history
The Colombian midfielder scored just 1:25 into the match in Los Angeles FC’s 1-1 draw against the Seattle Sounders in week 2 of the 2021 MLS regular season.
Eduard Atuesta scored a low free kick just 1:25 minutes into the match to give Los Angeles FC the lead in the first half. This was the fastests goal in the history of the franchise. The previous fastest goal was scored by Dejan Jakovic on 23 September 2020 just 1:36 into the victory against the Vancouver Whitecaps.
LAFC failed to keep the lead
Seattle Sounders returned to the second half with the mind set in taking a point from their visit to the Banc of California stadium. In the 54th minute of the game Brad Smith found the back of the net and the game was leveled. The home team tried to regain the lead, but failed to do so at the end of the 90 and both teams earned one point in week 2 of the 2021 MLS regular season.
With the 1-1 result obtained on Saturday, LAFC owns a 4-3-1 regular season record against Seattle Sounders with a perfect home record of 3-1-0. Los Angeles will now travel to Houston to face the Dynamo on 1 May in their first away game of the regular season.
Last game Carlos Vela got mad with LAFC manager Bob Bradley for taking him out early in the game for an apparent injury. There was some miscommunication because the 2019 MVP wanted to keep playing, but Bradley thought it would be best if he left the game.
For the game against Seattle, Carlos Vela (health & safety protocols) and Diego Rossi (hamstring) were not available and there is no timetable for their return. In the post-game interview the Los Angeles FC coach gave an update about the back-to-back MVP winners.
“From last week, [Carlos Vela] had a slight quad strain and he hasn’t trained all week. Then, there was a family situation and it led to that the one day he couldn’t get tested, and then when you’re not tested then you get on that other list. He’ll be back on the testing schedule but, again, had there been no family situation, he was not ready to play this week. The quad has kept him out of training all week. It’s minor, we’re hoping that maybe he’ll be back this week. Same with Diego [Rossi] but we’ll have to see, go day -to-day.”
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?