France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
Kylian Mbappé spoke at the French press conference and attempted to clear up the situation over his 'no service' controversy with Giroud.
Kylian Mbappé, the man who France hope can lead them to more international glory at the European Championships, was a surprise selection to the team facing the press ahead of their Euro 2020 opener against Germany. Given recent goings on in the French camp - including recent comments by Oliver Giroud - it may have been wise to keep him out of the line of fire, but the questions came and the youngster answered. Here’s what he said…
Mbappé didn’t like Giroud ‘public’ comments
"I spoke with Olivier Giroud,” Mbappé told the gathered media. “Everybody knows what happened. It’s true that I was a little affected by it…but we’re not going to make a big deal about it because we are here to represent France. That’s the most important thing, we're focused on our objective.
"What he said doesn't bother me. He expressed a feeling. I'm a striker and I've had that feeling, when it feels like the balls not coming to you, 365 times in a game.
“It's about saying it in public. I saw him in the dressing room and I congratulated him on his goals. He didn't say anything to me. I heard about it in the press. It's that more than what he said per se. He didn't say anything unpleasant. He's a striker, he wants to score goals.”
Mbappé was also asked about potential big names coming in to join him at PSG.”
“I have never asked Leonardo or my president for a single player.”
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers