Liverpool? Tielemans brushes off transfer speculation
Leicester midfielder Youri Tielemans would not be drawn on his club future, instead insisting his focus right now is on Euro 2020 with Belgium.
Belgium and Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Premier League giants Liverpool. Tielemans, who scored the winner for Leicester City in last month's FA Cup final, has been continually linked with Liverpool following the departure of Georginio Wijnaldum to Paris Saint-Germain.
Tielemans under contract until 2023
The 24-year-old Tielemans has two years remaining on his current contract at Leicester and would not be drawn on the speculation when speaking to the media ahead of Belgium's Euro 2020 clash with Denmark on Friday.
"I don't look at that, I just focus on this tournament," Tielemans, who joined Leicester in 2019, told reporters. "I've said that several times. Whatever happens after, we'll see. I just want to focus on the tournament, that's it."
It has been reported Tielemans is valued at £68million, a price tag which the former Monaco and Anderlecht midfielder brushed off. "That does nothing [for me]. It's nice for journalists and for the internet," said Tielemans, who has been linked with Manchester United previously. "I'm just focused on the Euros and making the most of it. That is all."
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"