Tokyo Olympics: Chinese shooter Yang Qian takes first gold medal of Games
China's Yang Qian is the first gold medalist of Tokyo 2020 after winning the 10-metre air rifle. Anastasiia Galashina took the bronze, Nina Christen took silver.
Yang Qian is the first gold medallist at Tokyo 2020.
The Chinese shooter won the women's 10-metre air rifle despite saving her worst shot of the competition for last. The 21-year-old trailed Anastasiia Galashina, competing for the Russian Olympic Committee, by 0.2 points entering the final shot at the Asaka Shooting Range, but Galashina missed badly, scoring 8.9.
Yang sets new Olympic record
Yang had scored at least 10 points on every shot up to her last, but her 9.8 was still enough to take gold with an Olympic record 251.8 as Galashina finished with 251.1. Nina Christen of Switzerland took bronze with a final score of 230.6.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds