Club América secures second victory in a row against Puebla
The team from the capital is in top form and Roger Martínez and Salvador Reyes gave them the victory and the points on matchday 3 of the campaign.
Club América has four starting players that haven’t yet debuted in the 2021 Apertura tournament because they are on international duty, but they have managed to remain undefeated in their first three games. On Saturday the Eagles hosted Puebla at the Azteca stadium and secured a 2-0 win and all three points.
América is on top form
It is clear that manager Santiago Solari was connected with the players and it doesn’t matter who starts, the team always plays the same way. This is his second tournament managing América and he is showing great form so far.
Roger Martínez scored from the spot for the game's opener right before the break to give the home team the much deserved lead. Then starting the second half, in the 54th minute, Salvador Reyes made it 2-0 for América after tapping the ball into the net after a great move.
The good news for America’s boss is that Guillermo Ochoa, Henry Martín, Jorge Sánchez and Sebastián Córdova will return from international duty early next week, ahead of the match-up against Atlas. Solari will have the entire roster available for the first time this tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash