The one award Messi left behind in the Barcelona dressing room
Messi went to the dressing room to pick items from his locker on the day of his Barcelona farewell on 8 August. However, he did leave some items behind.
Leo Messi is now consigned to history books at FC Barcelona. And his number and name have now been removed from the Blaugrana dressing room, as we anticipated at AS.
Right now, his locker is simply a closet with a double door, in which the number '10' only remains on the drawer. Next to that locker, by the way, is that of new arrival Kun Agüero, who has been left frustrated by the fact that he will not share the Camp Nou dressing room with his Argentine teammate as he had expected.
Messi took advantage of his farewell on 8 August at the Camp Nou to make a quick visit to the dressing room in order to collect the items that he did not taken from his locker before the summer, when he believed that he would be returning to the Blaugrana club.
Messi leaves Joan Gamper award
However, he could not take all the objects that he still had inside as some were more bulkier than others. Among the items he had to leave behind was the award he received for the best player of the 2018 Joan Gamper Trophy match. He received the star-shaped award after scoring a goal and giving an assist in the 45 minutes he played in that game against Boca Juniors, which ended 3-0.
Aware that his locker space may have a new tenant this season (although it seems unlikely that someone from the squad will assume the responsibility of accepting the '10', at least for the time being), Messi decided to leave the award on top of the furniture and leaning against the wall.
Now it remains to be seen if someone will pick it up to send the trophy to Paris or leave it at his house in Casteldefels, or if Messi finally decides to leave it in the dressing room as a relic to his time at Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped