Cristian Arango voted MLS Player of the Week 24
The Colombian striker scored his first brace in Major League Soccer to help Los Angeles FC defeat Real Salt Lake 3-2 last Sunday.
There were questions marks over Cristian Arango when he joined Los Angeles FC a few weeks ago, but he has made an immediate impact on the team since then. The Colombian striker has scored four goals in six games and scored his first brace in LAFC’s 3-2 victory against Real Salt Lake on Sunday night at the Banc of California stadium.
First individual award in MLS
Arango scored for LAFC after just 20 seconds to record the fastest goal in the history of the franchise. This was also the eight quickest goal in the history of Major League Soccer and after an impeccable performance he was voted the Player of the Week 24.
This is his first individual award in Major League Soccer and the third time in his career that he has scored a brace. Also this is the third time in his career that ‘Chicho’ has scored in three consecutive matches and the first time with Los Angeles FC.
Arango scored against RSL, Sporting KC and Los Angeles Galaxy and he helped LAFC end a nine-game winless streak during the current campaign. The ‘Black & Gold’ will go on the road to face Austin FC on 15 September at the Q2 stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother