Dani Alves praises Sergiño Dest amid transfer rumors
The veteran Brazilian player praised the young star from the United States and he hopes he can keep improving to make a difference at FC Barcelona.
Sergiño Dest has had ups and downs in his first year and a half with FC Barcelona and several reports indicate that the bosses are ready to part ways with him during the next transfer window. Chelsea has shown interest in signing the United States international in January, but the LaLiga side will only accept a €35 million offer or higher to let him go.
Dani Alves praises Sergiño Dest
Amid the transfer rumors, Dani Alves spoke about his new teammate during his return to FC Barcelona and he wants to help Dest as much as he can. The Brazilian player left his legacy at the Camp Nou during his first stint and he is considered one of the best players in the history of the club at the right-back position.
“I will try to help him as much as I can. I believe Dest is a fantastic player and he has the talent to become one of the best players in the world. I will try to teach him the mentality and the culture of the club so he can fully adapt and understand perfectly the style of Barcelona,” said Alves in Wednesday's presentation.
Dest suffered an injury during FC Barcelona’s 3-3 draw against Celta de Vigo and he missed the international window with the United States men’s national team. Fortunately, he has recovered fully and he could start the game against Espanyol in LaLiga this weekend.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash