The USMNT to play WC qualifiers in Columbus and Minnesota
The United States men’s national team confirmed that they will change venues during the World Cup qualifiers of January and February.
The United States men’s national team are in second place in the final round of the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF after eight games with 15 points and a record of four wins, three draws and one defeat. In the last two qualifying games of the year, the USMNT defeated Mexico 2-0 and tied 1-1 against Jamaica earlier this month.
Change of venues for the next games
On Wednesday the USMNT announced that they will change venues for the upcoming qualifying games next year when they host El Salvador and Honduras. The United States will play against ‘La Selecta’ on 27 January at the Lower.com Field for matchday 9 of the round-robin tournament.
This will be the second time during the 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign that they will play in Columbus. The first time was on 13 October when the USMNT defeated Costa Rica 2-1 with Sergiño Dest and an own goal from Leonel Moreira scoring for the home side.
After facing El Salvador the United States men’s national team will go on the road to play against Canada on 30 January and on 2 February they will return home to face Honduras. For that home game they will travel to Minnesota to play against the worst team of the round-robin tournament in CONCACAF at the Allianz Field.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats