Sevilla still on track for third consecutive Europa League title
Shakter Donetsk are the next obstacle for the Spanish side who go to the Ukraine for the first leg of the semi-final. Hopes still very much alive.
Sevilla continue their quest to win a third consecutive Europa League in the other semi-final when they travel to face Shakhtar Donetsk in the first leg in Ukraine.
The match will be played in the western Ukrainian city of Lviv as Shakhtar have defied their exile from war-torn Donetsk to reach the last four.
'We fully respect them and we know the difficulties they will pose,' said Sevilla midfielder Vicente Iborra.
'They are an experienced team with a mixture of Ukrainians and Brazilians, they are quick and have the quality to surprise us.'
Sevilla have good memories of facing Shakhtar as an amazing stoppage-time equaliser from goalkeeper Andres Palop sent their last-16 tie into extra time before the Spaniards went on to win the competition in 2007.
'Hopefully, the luck that helped Sevilla in 2007 will be on our side this time,' said Shakhtar boss Mircea Lucescu.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online