The dates and kick-off times for the Spanish Supercup have been finalized. The tie between Liga winners Barcelona and Copa del Rey runners-up Sevilla will be played over two legs, the first taking place at the Sánchez Pizjuán on Sunday August 14 at 22:00 and the return to be staged at Camp Nou the following Wednesday, August 17, at 23:00.
The reasoning behind the late kick-off in the return leg, which will see the game started on Wednesday and finished on Thursday, is because of the game coinciding with the Champions League playoff round. Uefa rules stipulate that games in any domestic competitions cannot be staged at the same time as continental encounters, which obliged the Spanish Football Federation to push the kick-off time back so as not to clash with the European first-leg ties scheduled to kick off at 20:45 CEST.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?